St Bedes / Mentone Tigers AFC in “Premier B” of the VAFA is seeking expressions of interest for the position of Reserves Coach for the 2020 season.
The role is a critically important one as the club moves into the second year of a three year plan. Whilst season 2019 was a consolidation and development year by the club both on and off field in Premier B after falling from Premier A at the end of season 2018, the club is desirous of a very strong 2020 season propelling the club into Premier A in 2021 where it expects to compete with the top teams. With high hopes that the senior team will have success in season 2020, critical to that success is for a very strong senior reserves and seniors thirds teams in 2020.
The reserves role in 2020 is a highly attractive one for a host of reasons including:
- A refreshed playing list after having played over 50 players in the seniors in 2019, which will not only bode well for senior team success, but reserves team success in 2020.
- A continued emphasis by the senior coaching group on reserves team success and importance to the club.
- Strong numbers, evidenced by the fact that the club was able to field a senior thirds team in 2019, which it expects to do again in season 2020.
- A large number of our 2019 Under 19 players to make the progression to the senior group in season 2020.
- A large number of our 2019 Under 19 players having already experienced senior team football in 2019.
- With a brand new facility and pavilion upgrade, we will be home to one of the premier facilities in the Bayside Area.
- Mentoring and development by a group of four senior coaches, each of who are continuing on from the 2019 season.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- A large focus on culture, leadership, demonstrating correct behaviours, positivity.
- Strong communication and relationship skills.
- A strong desire to teach and develop players as footballers and young men.
- Positive attitude.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with our senior coach.
- Desire to take drills in training sessions according to training plans set up the senior coaches (after instruction and teaching by the senior coaching group if that is necessary).
All applicants must have Level 1 coaching accreditation, or be prepared to complete it in early 2020.
Those with no prior coaching experience should feel free to apply so long as they display the attributes set out above.