St Bede’s/Mentone Tigers Amateur Football Club is looking for a dynamic person to link communications both within the Club and between the Club and the broader local community.
• To promote and market the Club in a positive light at all times.
• Compile news and match reports (liaising with team managers) for Club website & newsletter.
• Promote the Cub through social media.
• Develop / implement communication plans and pathways for the club between the communications role and team managers/coaches from both SBMT VAFA & SMJFL sections of the club.
• Liaise with team managers to prepare club newsletters & update website
• Liaise with sponsorship department to place sponsorship info in newsletters, on website and in social media
• Main contact person for all media requirements
• Assist committee with marketing and new business ideas Relationships, such as flyers for community organisations/schools
• Reports to the Club Board
• Liaises with both the SBMT SMJFL & VAFA committees
• Provide a report on any aspect of the communications portfolio operations to the monthly Board meeting.
This role would suit someone interested in a career in communications/marketing. This is an opportunity to learn and gain experience in an A Grade amateur football Club. Past players to do this role include Russell Gould who went on to join the Herald-Sun and has been a sports reporter and sports news editor for 15 years with the paper. The SBMT network is broad, far-reaching and supportive, and can get you started. The person to take on this role will find that devoting some time to the Club will be incredibly rewarding both personally and professionally.